Six items working parents should be aware of

reminder-791271_640Working parents should be aware that the child and dependent care tax credit is available to offset some of the expenses for child care.

  • Children must be under age 13 to qualify for the credit.
  • The credit applies whether the childcare provider is a sitter at home or a daycare facility.
  • The credit applies for up to $3,000 of expenses for one child and up to $6,000 for two or more.
  • The credit can be up to 35% of qualifying expenses, depending on your income.
  • Overnight camps don’t qualify; day camps do.
  • Keep receipts for expenses, and get the employee ID number of the care giver.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s